This is non-governmental organization founded in 2015 in Janow Podlaski at the initiative of the parishioners- inhabitants of that village.
The mission and purpose of this foundation is the taking care of and putting special attention to monuments, with a particular focus on post Dominican church dedicated to St. John the Babtist and his entourage.
The monument dates from the mid-15th century. In its current form, the temple was built in the year 1801, thanks to the efforts of the Prior of the Dominican Community- Cyprian Gronostajski. In the year 1867 Dominican Church was transferred to the Greek-Catholics, and in 1874 it was taken and converted into Othodox Church.
During The First World War (since 1915) was used by the Germans as a field hospital, and then as a grain store.
After Poland regained independence, the Temple has been restored to the original function.
In 1928, the Bishop Henryk Przeździecki donated the church to the Stanisławici order.
Longtime manager of the Chuch dedicated to St. John the Babtist was father Bogumił Jan Maria Janowicz, and then the priest Józef Stark. After his death (in 2004) the Church was closed.
The state of the Church is constantly deteriorating. Due to this we want to bring it back to life, because this church is a vital part of history of our (formerly) town and now the settlement.
…”if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”
We have to protect the monuments of our past, and joining forces to restore their former glory.